- Every Tuesday Library & Star of the Week Sharing
- Every Wed. and Fri., after school 5th Grade Jamba Juice Fundraiser by the library
- Fri. 11/15 Shopping Day! Remember to bring your money.
- Thurs. 11/21 from 5:30-6:30pm Reading is a Blast! Family Literacy Night in the MPR. Come for an exciting night of fun and games with Orchard teachers and your family. Free book, gifts, and cookies!
Virtue of the Week
I am tolerant.
I have tolerance.
Orchard School Vision
We are a community of virtuous leaders.
and creatively engage in purposeful learning.
We strive to build opportunities leading to a brighter future for all.
We Are Learning About...
MAIN THEME: 7 Habits of Highly Effective Learners
_Language Arts Theme: Changing Times
- Lesson 11: Jamaica Louise James
- Lesson 12: At Play: Long Ago and Today
- Lesson 13: Big Bushy Mustache
- Lesson 14: Rain Forest Babies
- Lesson 15: Birthday Mystery
Writer's Workshop: Information Books
Math: 2-Digit Subtraction
Science: Biological Evolution
Social Studies: Family History
Star of the Week
Christian Alcobendas is friendly, tolerant, and respectful. He is a terrific role-model for other students by always paying attention in class, being ready to learn and following instructions. Everyone wants to be Christian’s friend because he is so kind and easy to cooperate with. Let’s be a good role-model to all like Christian!
October Reader of the Month
Ivy Ngo shows her love for reading by always choosing to Read to Self whenever she's done with her work or during Daily 5. While reading, she practices her Face of a Reader strategies and reads with expression. She always make connection between what she knows about the world and what she's reading. Let's be a passionate and effective reader like Ivy!
October Writer of the Month
Avayah Kim is always focused during Writing Workshop. She tries her best to put her thoughts down in writing and to include more details instead of getting stuck because of spelling. In addition, when it's recess time, she chooses to write in her Dialogue Journal to Ms. Dinh. Her homework journals are always amazing. Let's practice writing as much as we can like Avayah!
October Mathematician of the Month
Ajay Singh is clear and effective in sharing what he learned in math during class and when leaving the class. By explaining other ways to solve math problems, he teaches other students to think "outside the box". He is also responsible by completing his math homework everyday. Let's be strong in using our words to explain math problems like Ajay.