- Every Tuesday Library & Star of the Week Sharing
- Tues. 5/27-Fri. 5/30 BOGO (Buy One Get One FREE) Book Fair—before and after school in Room 14. Get your books for the summer!
- Thurs. 6/5 Children Discovery Museum Field Trip
- Fri. 6/6 from 1:15-2:30pm Ice Cream Math Party in Pod E! A shout out to Bethany’s mom for volunteering!
- Tues. 6/10 from 10:00-11:20am 2nd Grade Extravaganza—play fun outdoor games with all the 2nd grade teachers. Parents, if you would like to volunteer for this event, please let me know.
- Wed. 6/11 End of the Year Party & Last Day of School! Parents—please let me know if you plan on having your child bring food/drinks for our party. Sign-up sheets will be outside the classroom. See attached letter for more details about the party and summer packet.
Virtue of the Week
I am trustworthy.
I have reliability.
Orchard School Vision
We are a community of virtuous leaders.
and creatively engage in purposeful learning.
We strive to build opportunities leading to a brighter future for all.
We Are Learning About...
MAIN THEME: 7 Habits of Highly Effective Learners
_Language Arts Theme: Seek and Find
- Lesson 27: My Name is Gabriella
- Lesson 28: Let's Go Rock Collecting
- Lesson 29: The Lizard and the Sun
- Reader's Theater: Pocahontas
Writing Workshop: Poetry
Math: Geometry, Fraction, and Time
Science: Engineering Design
Social Studies: Working Hard
Star of the Week
Daren Doan is trustworthy, courteous, cooperative, and honest. He tries his best to do any tasks asked of him carefully and correctlly. When he makes mistakes, instead of blaming others, he takes responsibility for his actions and is honest about it. For example, if he forgets to his HW journal, he will stay in during recess to make up for it instead of waiting for Ms. Dinh to remind him. Let’s be someone other people can trust, just like Daren!
April Reader of the Month
When Dina Ande first arrived from Eritrea in December, she didn't know a word of English, and couldn't read or write the alphabet. Now, she can read and write complete sentences! That's because she worked hard and stayed focused when learning her sounds and high-frequency words. She never gave up, even when the words were difficult to read. We're so proud of you, Dina!
April Writer of the Month
Samantha Ramirez constantly revises her poems to practice strategies that we're learning in poetry. She is a thoughtful writer with a lot of feelings to share with her readers. Your writing is delightful, Samantha!
April Mathematician of the Month
Pauline Pascua practices the Read-Draw-Write (RDW) process whenever she encounters a word problem. Other students follow her example by writing "RDW"on their math application problem before solving it as well. She brings a positive attitude to the classroom by telling others that she enjoys math. You're a role-model, Pauline!