- Every TUES. Library Day. Bring your library book!
- Thurs. 5/16 from 5:30-6:30pm Open House. Students will give their parents a tour of the classroom about what they’ve learned in 2nd grade.
- Fri. 5/17 Orchard’s BINGO/BBQ Night. BBQ starts at 5pm. BINGO starts at 7pm.
Virtue of the Week
I am compassionate.
I have compassion.
Orchard School Vision
We are a community of virtuous leaders.
and creatively engage in purposeful learning.
We strive to build opportunities leading to a brighter future for all.
We Are Learning About...
MAIN THEME: 7 Habits of Highly Effective Learners
_Language Arts Theme: Seek and Find
- Lesson 26: Where on Earth is my Bagel?
- Lesson 27: My Name is Gabriela
- Lesson 28: Let's Go Rock Collecting!
- Lesson 29: The Lizard and the Sun
- Lesson 30: Reader's Theater- Cross-Country Vacation
Writer's Workshop: Choice
Math: Weight, Mass, and Capacity
Science: Rocks, Minerals, and Fossils
Social Studies: Changes
Star of the Week
Ciera Pauli is wise, reliable, understanding, and compassionate. She looks for life lessons in everything that we do and learn in order to be a more virtuous person. She takes responsibility for her actions and seeks to understand others. In her End-of-the-Year letters to friends, she puts a lot of effort and thought into her writing. Let’s be a thoughtful student like Ciera!
April Reader of the Month
Luis Da Silva loves to read and is always expanding his understanding about the world by reading different genres. When he reads, he is so focused that it's difficult for anyone to distract him. Let's read for enjoyment all the time, just like Luis!
April Writer of the Month
Isaiah Mercado is a writer with an interesting voice. That's because he uses vocabulary words from our Word Wall to enhance his writing. He edits while he writes in order to improve his sentence structure and style. Let's write with our own voice, just like Isaiah!
April Mathematician of the Month
Yusset Cortes works hard and enjoys doing math. When a problem is difficult, he doesn't give up. He seeks help so that he can clearly understand how to solve the problem or fix his mistakes. Let's be an awesome problem-solver like Yusset!